Monday, July 26, 2010

Porter Has Arrived!!





YAY! Porter has arrived! We are very blessed and happy to have Porter safely at home with us. Porter was born on July 20, 2010 at 2:36 pm. He weighed 8lbs. and measured 21 inches long. As you can see in the pictures he is the cutest baby ever :)
He did give mommy and daddy a rough time entering the world, but it was worth it. Here is the story: So, Monday night as Luke, Courtney, Ben, Shirley, and myself are playing cards I declare...I am going to win this game, stand up and have my water break, and then buy a winning lottery ticket on the way to the hospital. Well, funny enough, I did win the card game, stood up and my water did break...unbeknownst to everyone else! After a while I decided that, yep, my water probably did just break and I should say something. I told everyone, called the doctor, and then we headed to the hospital. Unfortunately, we were a little too anxious and forgot to stop and buy that winning lottery ticket! Got admitted to the hospital and put in a labor/delivery room around 10:30pm. After 15 hours of labor (which wasn't bad because I did get an epidural!) my body would not agree to let Porter out so the doctor decided it was time to do a c-section. I was pretty upset and disappointed at first, but now I just don't care because it got Porter to us. The c-section went smoothly (other than me having to get knocked out and then being completely delirious for the next several hours) and Porter entered the world screaming :)
We are all home now and recovery is going well. Porter has his first doctor's appointment today (July 26) so we will see how he is doing. We are adjusting to parenthood rather well, I think, and loving it. I honestly couldn't be happier right now. Visitors are welcome so come meet our little man :) Thanks to everyone for being so supportive on this journey! Love y'all!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Beth and Luke -
    I'm so happy that he's here. I'm glad that even though it went a little different than planned that there were no serious complications. He is super cute. I went through all the pics online and he just looks so alert to be only 2 weeks old. He's got a ton of hair (just like mom and dad). Miss you guys and can't wait to come home in a year or so and meet him. I'm sure he'll be so big by then.
    Love you guys
    Congratulations
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know he's been here awhile now, but I am just catching up on all my blog reading. Congratulations! He truly is a beautiful baby. I'm glad you are all doing well. Too bad you forgot about that lottery ticket!

    ReplyDelete